The Pearson Edexcel International GCSE in Business qualification enables students to:
- Develop an interest in and enthusiasm for the study of business
- Develop an understanding of business concepts, business terminology, business objectives and the integrated nature of the business activity
- Understand how the main types of business are organised, financed and operated
- Develop and apply knowledge, understanding and skills to contemporary business issues in a wide range of businesses, from small enterprises to large multinationals and businesses operating in a local, national and global context
- Develop critical thinking and enquiry skills to distinguish between facts and opinion, calculate, interpret and evaluate business data, to help build arguments and make informed judgements
- Develop an understanding of the dynamics of business activity and the related considerations of ethics and sustainability for global businesses
Examination based. Assessment will occur either at a British Council office or an approved Edexcel Centre in your home country.
Paper 1: Investigating small businesses
Externally assessed.50% of the total International GCSE
Examination of 1 hour and 30 minutes, consisting of four compulsory questions, each worth 20 marks – a total of 80 marks in Paper 1.
Paper 2: Investigating large businesses
It is externally assessed. 50% of the total International GCSE.Examination of 1 hour and 30 minutes, consisting of four compulsory questions, each worth 20 marks – a total of 80 marks in Paper 2
International GCSE Business is a two-year program. During the two years of studies, students will have access to live online classes and one-to-one subject support.
Upon completing the International GCSE in Business, students will achieve an Edexcel qualification ( providing that all exams have been completed and passed). The final certificate will allow students to apply for A-level and beyond.
- Provide two years’ previous school reports
- Undertake a Mathematics internal assessment.
- Students whose English is not their first language must either sit an internal English assessment or provide an English certificate at a min level of B2 in all components.
At a glance
- Official IGCSE subject awarded by Edexcel
- Open to International students
- The qualification recognised by institutions worldwide
- Blended Learning (Self Studies + Live Lessons)
We understand the importance of financial flexibility. Our school provides options to either settle tuition in full or spread the cost across terms for your convenience.View fees
How to apply
For any queries about signing up for Oxford Online School or going through the enrolment steps, connect with our admissions team for more details.Contact us