Spanish is the most widely spoken language in the world with over 400 million speakers. Studying A-level Spanish will help students gain an understanding of how to use the language in a variety of situations. Through their studies, students will achieve a greater accuracy and fluency in learning the language.
Examination based. Assessment will take place either at a British Council office or an approved Edexcel Centre in your home country. The Spanish A- level external examination papers that will assess students listening, reading and writing skills. In addition students will also be assessed on their speaking skills. Unlike the International A-level examination, students will be assessed at the end of the second year only.
|Unit 1: Listening, Reading and Translation||Written examination: 2 hours||40% of the total qualification|
|Unit 2: Written response to works and translation||Written examination: 2 hours and 40 min||30% of the total qualification|
|Unit 3: Speaking||Speaking examination: 20-30 min||30% of the total qualification|
International A-level in Spanish is a two-year program. During the two years of studies, students will have access to live online classes as well as they will have academic mentor support and, one to one subject support.
Upon completion of the A-level in Spanish, students will achieve an Edexcel qualification ( providing that all exams have been completed and passed). The final certificate will allow students to apply to their chosen university. Students completing A-Levels in Spanish frequently progress into degrees in languages.
- Students are required to sit an internal math assessment. This will help tutors to have knowledge of the student’s abilities in the subject.
- Hold GCSE Maths or equivalent.
- Students whose English is not their first language, are required to either sit an internal English assessment or provide an English certificate at a min level B2 in all components.
- Access to learning materials
- Live online classes
- One to one subject support
- Weekly academic mentoring support
- Examination fee
- University application support and guidance
Students are required to undertake 5 hours of self-study per subject. In addition, students will also be required to attend 2 hours of live lessons per subjects.
Oxford Online School is a fully recognised online school for the delivery of GCSE/IGCSE, A level, and International A-Level courses and examinations. It is also a co-educational school offering a blended full-time syllabus to students from all over the world including home students.
Currently, we are offering: Economics; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Mathematics and Further Mathematics and Spanish A-level.
At a glance
- Official A-level subject awarded by Edexcel
- Level 3 qualification
- Open to International and Home student
- 56 UCAS tariff points
- Achieve a qualification recognised by universities worldwide
- Enroll now for the upcoming academic term
- Blended learning (Self-studies + live online lessons)
- Termly fee £850 group classes
We understand the importance of financial flexibility. Our school provides options to either settle tuition in full or spread the cost across terms for your convenience.View fees
How to apply
For any queries about signing up for Oxford Online School or going through the enrolment steps, connect with our admissions team for more details.Contact us