The Pearson Edexcel International GCSE in Computer Science is a linear qualification. The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable students to:
- Understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, decomposition, logic, algorithms and data representation
- Analyse problems in computational terms through practical experience in solving such problems, including designing, writing and debugging programs
- Think creatively, innovatively, analytically, logically and critically
- Understand the components that make up digital systems and how they communicate with one another and with other systems
- Understand the impacts of digital technology on the individual and wider society
- Apply mathematical skills relevant to computer science
Examination based. Assessment will occur either at a British Council office or an approved Edexcel Centre in your home country. 100% external assessment consisting of two papers. A written examination and a practical programming examination, both with questions and tasks designed to be accessible to students of all abilities
Paper 1: Principles of Computer Science
Externally assessed.50% of the total International GCSE.Examination of 2-hour assessment, The total number of marks available for the examination paper is 80 marks
Paper 2: Application of Computational Thinking
It is externally assessed. 50% of the total International GCSE. Examination of 3 hours or practical assessment. A total of 80 marks in Paper 2
International GCSE in Computer Science is a two-year program. During the two years of studies, students will have access to live online classes and one-to-one subject support.
Upon completing the International GCSE in Computer Science, students will achieve an Edexcel qualification ( providing that all exams have been completed and passed). The final certificate will allow students to apply for A-level and beyond.
- Provide two years’ previous school reports
- Undertake a Mathematics internal assessment.
- Students whose English is not their first language must either sit an internal English assessment or provide an English certificate at a min level of B2 in all components.
At a glance
- Official IGCSE subject awarded by Edexcel
- Open to International students
- The qualification recognised by institutions worldwide
- Blended Learning (Self Studies + Live Lessons)
We understand the importance of financial flexibility. Our school provides options to either settle tuition in full or spread the cost across terms for your convenience.View fees
How to apply
For any queries about signing up for Oxford Online School or going through the enrolment steps, connect with our admissions team for more details.Contact us