Our admissions team accepts applications from pupils of all backgrounds according to the following criteria:
International A-Level Academic
For pupils looking to join our International A-Level courses, it is important to have a certified level of academic potential as well as a good grounding in general knowledge. Pupils are required to submit two years of academic school reports to allow our team to assess their previous performance. Each pupil will be required to sit an English, Mathematics, and internal assessment.
For those who do not have English as their native language, a minimum of IELTS 5.5, or CEFR B2 level is required. If you do not hold a recent IELTS certificate, we can arrange for an internal English test to be carried out by a member of the academic team.
Pupils whose English is slightly below our criteria can be offered a preparatory English language course for a term. Successful completion of this course will bring them up to the level required for our programme.
Pupils will be required to provide an academic reference from a previous teacher.
The Oxford Online School application process is as follows:
- Complete an Application form online.
- Submit copies of your documents. These include a copy of a valid passport, any English language certificates gained and 2 years of academic reports.
- Payment of the registration fee (£100).
Book an academic entrance assessment. Students will then automatically be placed onto the English and Mathematics assessments.
Once you have completed the assessments above and the academic team has assessed your level, you will be invited for an online interview. The purpose of this interview is for pupils to have the opportunity to discuss their future aspirations with the academic team.
Prospective applicants to Oxford Online School are welcome to put their interest forward at any time during the academic year. However, as a guide, the majority of assessments are expected to be done during the following times:
|September 2022 Admissions||September 2023 Admissions|
|30th September 2022 – 20th December 2022|
|31st January 2023 – 26th March 2023|
|18th April – 26th August 2022||30th April 2023 – 26 August 2023|
The following information is a summary of the admission process for prospective students.
- Students are required to first submit their application form via the online application site.
- Once the application has been submitted, students are required to pay a registration fee of £100.
- Students are then invited to book an entrance test at a convenient time for the student and supervisor. This will take a minimum of 2 hours 15 minutes, and includes the English and Mathematics assessments. Those students applying for a scholarship should allow at least 5 hours to complete the entrance test. There will be regular breaks during this process.
- On the date of the entrance test, students are required to provide proof of identification via a copy of their passport or ID card. Students need to ensure that there are free from any distractions or interruptions and that their room is fit for purpose.
- For the Mathematics assessment, students are allowed to bring a calculator and an A4 notebook.
- Those who have applied for a scholarship and have completed all the necessary academic assessments and criteria will be invited for an academic interview. The interview will last approximately 30 minutes.
Note: While there is no strict requirement in terms of a dress code, students are requested to wear appropriate clothing.
The termly fee for the International A level programme is £3,000, in addition to the initial registration fee of £100.
Prospective students who have demonstrated excellent academic skills before or during the application process may be offered a 20% reduction in termly fees. All scholarships will be awarded on academic merit only, and those intending to apply are required to sit an additional entrance test, as well as attending an interview with the academic team. Should you have any questions regarding this entrance test, please contact our admissions team via firstname.lastname@example.org